Tuesday, 6 August 2013

52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown August Sketch Challenge

The deadline for Christmas Cards for Australian Armed Forces is just a few months away, so I'm really pleased to have found this site, 52{Christmas}Card Throwdown,  to keep me on the move towards my goal.  No, I don't have a set number that I like to make, I just want to have a good sized stash when the time comes :).

Here's the design team sketch:

And here's my offering:

I like how this one turned out, especially as I've used a non-Christmas stamp set, which speaks to it's usefulness year-round :)


Stampin' Up! Rhinestones are so easy to use.  How did I line up those 7 little ones on that ornament?  Easy, they come in a long strip with a continuous line of glue dots attached so all you need to do is cut the length you want and stick them to your project.  There are also 3 other sizes that are individual, again with glue dots so they're super quick to stick wherever you want.

My main embellishment is a Soda Pop Top from our last seasonal catalogue.  I've flattened it in the Big Shot - really easy, just put it between the two cutting surfaces and run it though.  I did mine on Tab 1 of the Multi-Purpose Platform but you should check yours first to see which "sandwich" layer works best.  The centre was made by stamping a snowflake and punching out with a 1/2" circle punch.  I stuck it down using glue dots.  Be careful with your choice of adhesive when working with metal because PVA or craft glue usually doesn't give a strong permanent bond.

Supplies Used:
Stamp Set: Mosaic Madness & Greetings of the Season, Snowflake from Snow Swirled (R)
Cardstock; Old Olive, Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive
Silver Glimmer Paper
Mosaic Punch
Modern Mosaic Embossing Folder
Rhinestones, Bakers Twine & Soda Pop Tops (R)

Right, I hope you've had a crafty day, or maybe get some time this evening to make something.
Cheers
Karen

8 comments:

  1. Oh this is just fabulous! Love the mosaic effect, the bling and the traditional colours. Great card! Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this use of the shape and coordinating supplies! Fabulous take on our sketch--so elegant! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like how you've used the mosaic images in place of the small rectangles in the sketch! Very nicely done! I'm glad you joined us at 52{C}CT and I hope you'll come back and play with us again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you used this punch in place of the rectangles. Gorgeous use of colors and embellishments. Thsnks so much for joining us this week at 52CCT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the green of your card and how you have dry embossed the red background.
    Hugs
    Margaret M

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Karen & a wonderful take on our sketch! The rhinestones add fab seasonal sparkle! Love the twine and soda pop top too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at 52 {C}CT, please come back soon, we'd love to help you get that good sized stash made! ; ) Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love what you've done with Mosaic Madness, decorating each one. It is such a versatile stamp set I think. Thanks for joining in with our sketch challenge this week at 52 CCT

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on Top Honor at 52CCT. Your card is a real beauty. Blessings
    Carole

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thank you for stopping by.