Tuesday, 27 August 2013

Canvas, Washi & Sparkles

This was my creation for the 52 CCT August Embellishment Challenge #20 ; to use canvas.

Canvas stamping is quite simple but you do need to be comfortable with a softer image because the canvas tends to soak up the ink and it can bleed a little.  I've used a snowflake in Soft Sky that I stamped off first so the effect is quite muted behind the greeting.

I'm enjoying washi tape sooooo much!  It gives a fabulous look and it's application is seemingly endless.  I've been wrapping jars with it, attaching it to banners and flags......what do you do with your washi?  Leave me a comment below and let's see what amazing suggestions you have!

And since one embellishment wasn't enough I just had to add a sparkly one - these are our new Frosted Finishes.  They are STUNNING!  Hurry up and order yours today!  Everyone's going to want them!

Thanks for stopping by!
Cheers
Karen

5 comments:

  1. I really like the colors you chose and the CAS design of your card. Thanks for sharing it with us at 52{C}CT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely gorgeous! LOVE the Frosted Finishes piece! What a stunning accent! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. a Bueatifull special Christmas card love soft finish

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card Karen, great colours and the canvas stamped label is fabulous! The Frosted Finishes embellishments are so luxurious and gorgeous aren't they?! Fab use of Washi tape - I keep my one roll of Washi tape in a drawer unusued - * sigh *
    Just can't "get it" I guess, even though I love seeing it used on projects I come across!

    Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful card with us at 52 {C}CT, please come back soon! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is just fabulous! I love the pretty snowflakes on the kraft and the colours you used on the canvas sentiment label. Love that touch of bling too! Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thank you for stopping by.