Monday, 4 November 2013

Snowman In November?

I played along with the challenge on 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown this week.  And I'm pleased to say that I nearly have enough of my own personal Christmas cards done & dusted!  That's a great feeling especially as it's only the first week of November.  Mind you, the time from here to Christmas will fly, so I won't rest on my laurels just yet...giggle.

Here's the sketch:



And my interpretation:

 This is a large square card - 14cm x 14cm.  So I had to make an envelope, but this is very easy now with our new envelope punch board.

 The Snow Day stamp set is in the current Holiday Catalogue.  It has a lot of stamps and they are very easy to line up when you use the clear mount option. Of course you can always use a Stamp-a-Majig if you are really particular, but I didn't think it was necessary as these stamps all seem to work just fine.

I have another sample of this stamp set over on my Facebook page which shows how to use our lovely snow man as a snow-woman, especially suited to our warm Aussie climate.

Unlike a snowman made primarily of snow, a paper snowman

* Doesn't require actual snow.
* Won't make your hands cold.
* Won't slowly melt into a sad little puddle.
Create a snowman. Create a snowman army. The sky's the limit!
Set quantity: 12

Item #131895 Clear Mount $37.95 or #131892 Wood Mount $46.95



Cheers
Karen




7 comments:

  1. This is just super! I love the embossed snowflakes, the scrolled sentiment and sweet snowman! Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely darling! LOVE the fun color combo--so bright and cheery! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! Hope you join us again soon!!! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, I love the snowman's face1
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh is this ever cute!! A happy holiday card. So glad that you joined us this week at 52CCT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous Karen, love the cheery snowman, your choice of colours and the touch of sparkly silver - a really fun festive card! Thanks for playing along with us again at 52 {C}CT, please come back soon! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card turned out really cute! I especially like the ruffled ribbon framing the image panel and snowman's sparkly buttons. Thanks for sharing your card with us at 52{C}CT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry for my late visit this time - I've not been well! This is a fabulous take on the sketch- love the off set santa image- he makes me smile! Th embossing makes a great background too. Thanks for joining in with the challenge at 52 CCT this week

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thank you for stopping by.