Wednesday 6 November 2013

Mojo Monday 318

It's contest week at Mojo Monday and Julee Tilman has done a gorgeous sketch that I couldn't resist.

I've used one of my favourite patterned DSP's from the Eastern Elegance pack.  There's something irresistible about the swirls and graded Pistachio Pudding colour.

I'd finished the card and the banner looked a little plain, so I decided to go with a couple of narrow strips of card stock in Primrose Petals and Strawberry Slush.


These colours are very similar until you get them side by side.  Tip:  Don't mess with these colours at night time (in electric light)!  You really need daylight to ID them correctly.  Solution - a daylight lamp.  Not quite as good as the real thing, but close.

I also think those little strips finish the design as the ribbon & hearts are actually different - accidentally so!!

Now, here's a little contest for you.......

Create your own version of my card using whatever supplies you have, email me a pic, and you'll go into the draw to win a spool of pleated satin ribbon.  Contest open to Australian residents only (apologies to our overseas friends).  

Can't wait to see what you create.

Supplies used in my card:
Stamp Set: Hearts a Flutter & Yippee-Skippee
Cardstock - Baked Brown Sugar, Pistachio Pudding, Very Vanilla, Strawberry Slush, Primrose Petals
Paper - Eastern Elegance DSP
Ink:  Raspberry Ripple & Black StazOn
Big Shot
Chalk Talk Framelits, Hearts a Flutter Framelits
Boutique Details, Stitched Satin Ribbon
1 3/8" square punch


Cheers
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you for stopping by.